Cassava cake is at almost every legit Filipino party. It’s sweet, it’s chewy, and it’s so filling.
- 14 oz can of condensed milk
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups grated cassava (AKA yuca; you can find this at Filipino markets!)
- 1 egg
- In a mixing bowl (if you have a KitchenAid, use it!), pour in the condensed milk, coconut milk, and 1 ½ cup milk. Mix these together very well. Scoop out 4 tbsp of the resulting mixture and put it into a small bowl for later. Set this small bowl aside.
- Next, crack 2 eggs into the mixture and whisk it all up until well integrated. Then, add in the grated cassava and mix well.
- Pour the resulting mixture into a large enough baking container. Put this in a preheated 350ºF oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Beat 1 egg and pour it over the cake, spreading it across the cassava cake with a spatula.
- Set your oven to broil on high and put the cassava cake in there for about 2-3 minutes. 2 minutes should be fine, but if you want it semi-burned, do 3 minutes. Your cassava cake should now have a nice, pretty top.
Cut your cassava cake into squares to serve. Enjoy!😋