Prepare to elevate your sandwich game to new heights with the irresistible flavors of Cheese Pimiento Spread. This delectable and versatile spread is a classic favorite in Filipino cuisine, loved for its creamy texture, bold flavors, and the perfect balance of tanginess and cheesiness.
Cheese Pimiento Spread is incredibly simple yet undeniably satisfying. It features the marriage of two beloved ingredients: cheese and vibrant pimiento peppers. These ingredients, along with a few other pantry staples, come together to create a spread that will elevate any sandwich, cracker, or even toast into a flavor-packed delight.
The beauty of Cheese Pimiento Spread lies not only in its delightful taste but also in its versatility. It can be enjoyed as a filling in sandwiches, a dip for chips and veggies, or even as a topping for grilled meats. Its creamy consistency and vibrant color add a burst of flavor and visual appeal to any dish it graces.
In my recipe, I combine the famous Filipino Eden cheese, sweet and tangy pimiento peppers, and mayonnaise. Whether you spread it generously on a crusty baguette, slather it on Filipino pandesal, or dollop it on a crispy cracker, each bite will transport you to my childhood.
- 1/2 cup (113g) mayonnaise
- 1/2 block (80g) grated Eden cheese
- 1 jar (113g) pimiento peppers, drained
- a pinch of salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon agave syrup or honey, adjust to taste
1. In a medium bowl, grate cheese over the pimiento peppers. Add the mayo and salt and mix.
2. Once mixed, add a bit of sweetener (agave syrup or honey) to taste. Add more salt if needed.
3. Spread over bread or toast and enjoy!
Pimiento Cheese Spread
- ½ cup (113g) mayonnaise
- ½ block (80g) grated Eden cheese
- 1 jar (113g) pimiento peppers drained
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon agave syrup or honey adjust to taste
- In a medium bowl, grate cheese over the pimiento peppers. Add the mayo and salt and mix.
- Once mixed, add a bit of sweetener (agave syrup or honey) to taste.
- Spread over bread or toast and enjoy!