Sotanghan is a soupy-like pancit (Filipino stir-fry noodles). We will be making this in an Instant Pot.
- Bean thread noodles
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2-inch knob of ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 ½ lbs chicken thighs, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 4 cups of water
- 4 packets of chicken flavoring (~4 cups chicken broth)
- 1 ½ cup chopped green onions
- Soak the noodles in a bowl of hot water.
- Put the Instant Pot on Saute mode, Normal level. Pour in 1 tbsp oil, the garlic, onions, and ginger. Stir until the onions get translucent.
- Pour in the chicken and saute the chicken until it’s browned on all 4 sides, about 3-5 minutes. Season the chicken with a dash of salt, ground pepper, and fish sauce.
- You can essentially add any vegetables you want, but I use chopped cabbage. After adding this, pour in the 4 cups of water. Then, add in 4 packets of chicken flavoring. Mix well to integrate the flavor.
- Drain the water from the soaked noodles, and dump the noodles into the pot. You can add more or less if you like.
- Press the Cancel button to turn off the pot. Add just some of your green onions and mix them into the soup.
After you serve the chicken sotanghon in a bowl, garnish it with leftover green onions. To mix it up a little, consider putting the sotanghon over some warm rice, too! 🙂