This ube crinkles recipe was kindly presented to us by Chef Kryssie of Kitchen 1726. I encourage you to use your mixer for this!
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 12 oz ube halaya
- 2 tsp ube extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- In your mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, vegetable oil, ube halaya, and ube extract. Mix until well combined.
- Crack 2 eggs into the bowl and mix. Take a separate bowl and mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Pour this dry mixture into your mixing bowl and mix it into the wet mixture.
- Once well-mixed, take scoops of the ube batter and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, keeping each 2 inches apart. Chill this baking sheet in the fridge for about 1-2 hours, or until the ube batter is nice and firm.
- Bake the cookies in a 350º oven for 13-15 minutes. Once the timer is up, make sure to remove the cookies promptly from the oven. They should look slightly undercooked so that they’re moist. Let the cookies cool down completely so that this next step doesn’t melt the powdered sugar.
- Dust the cookies with powdered sugar generously.
Now you have your cookies! These ube crinkles are very good with coffee, so make sure to try it.😊