More assembly instructions than a recipe, this hagelslag recipe will unearth your inner child. A healthy does of chocolate will bring a smile to anyone’s face.
Doug studied abroad in The Netherlands and he always talked about hagelslag despite never tasting it. Because of this, I knew I had to include it in my 30 day Bread Challenge. While hagelslag is sometimes simplified to “chocolate sprinkles,” it is actually more than that. Hagelslag has a much more authentic chocolate flavor than just “chocolate sprinkles.” It reminds me of an American classic chocolate doughnut. If you happen to see it in a local market, I recommend you buy it and try for yourself.
- 1 slice sandwich bread. I used a slice of my cube bread
- 1 pad butter
- hagelslag, to taste
1. Spread butter on a single slice of bread
2. Sprinkle a healthy amount of hagelslag
- 1 slice sandwich breach
- hagelslag to taste
- Spread butter on a single slice of bread
- Sprinkle a healthy amount of hagelslag